The Baking Corner & My Little Miss Happy Baker

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Since we moved here late last year, I've been meaning to go to the dollar store to shop for some things for our new place and to get some ideas for DIY projects. And last week, we finally made that trip. It was not that far; just a 10 minute drive from our place and the best part is that it's right next to a Starbucks with a drive thru! *wink! So right after our little trip to the dollar store, I finally had a tall green tea frappe I've been craving that week. :)

The main thing I was looking to get at the dollar store were kitchen jars for my baking corner.  Lucky me, I found these cute, clear jars that were just perfect! And at just a dollar a piece, they are a steal! :) I also got a couple of black 5x7 frames, shelf liners, a coloring book & stickers for Chlo, and some brushes and sponges for each of the bathrooms at home. (Imagine having 3 bathrooms and only having 1 cleaning bucket to clean all! Not to mention how huge I am right now plus it is a tri-level home. So going back and forth the stairs with a bucket in one hand and a mop on the other is just plain hazard... or yea, maybe it's just me being my obsessive-compulsive self. Hehe. Anywayyyy....)

I was so excited to finally organize my baking corner! It didn't actually take that much to do it. I just printed out some labels from Pinterest and I made sure that the labels were the same color as my mixer. I didn't have any sticker paper on hand so I just used regular bond paper and clear packing tapes. And voila! My baking corner is done! :) Now everything's looking neat and pretty, and more importantly, within reach; making baking just a breeze! :) Seriously, it cuts the time of baking when everything is right there instead of coming back and forth the cabinets for the things I need. And I was even able to entertain Chlo and let her "help" me bake some yummy blueberry cheesecake cups.  :)

Here's a photo of her putting back the cupcake tray that she helped get lined and a photo of the cheesecake cups that I'll be sharing the recipe here soon. For now, it's time for us to head out and do a little grocery shopping. Happy weekend everyone! :)


C 






No comments:

Post a Comment