Back to Camping at Home

Monday, March 9, 2015




I love this couch. It is very comfy and very stylish. It was perfect, or would've been perfect. Because it was huge. Soooo huge that it makes our whole place so small. So huge that the only position we can place it in the living room makes of an odd floor plan. And so huge that Chlo would try to run around it, trying not to hit it, but will eventually run into our dining table or chair. And that's when I decided this couch has to go.




We got this couch from Ashley Furniture on sale when we moved here last October. We've been looking for a couch for weeks that time and I just wanted to get it over with (that was the time I was in my first trimester, and the time I'm very hormonal and very impatient, hehe). So I thought let's just get this one, not realizing how huge it actually was. Because I swear, in the showroom, it didn't seem that big. It was looking so pretty, and comfy, and looking perfectly normal-size for our living room. Until it was delivered at home. We were a little dumbfounded to see how big it actually was!

So weeks ago, I placed a few ads in Craigslist and a couple of Military sales & swaps pages on Facebook, hoping to sell the couch really soon, for my OC self is really itching to get a new one that will work with the size and floor plan of our living room. And a month after, we still got no takers :( That's when I told myself that maybe I have to live with this huge couch forever. Then, I thought I am not doing this right. So I reposted the ad, marketing it better and just a few minutes of posting, I have 6 offers for it already :) I am beyond pleased when I closed the deal and the couch was paid for and picked up the very next day! :)

And on that very same day, after they picked up the old couch, we headed out to go furniture shopping. (Yes, that's how excited I was! Haha!) :) And lucky us, we found a sofa and love seat that's so pretty and comfy, and just the right size (we brought a tape measure with us this time to be sure! Haha) The best thing about it? It was on sale. :) The not so best part, it'll take a few weeks before it can be delivered to our home. But it was fine, as Chlo is so thrilled with our furniture-less living room, making it her very own huge indoor playground. :) So the single airbed is out from the closet again and is serving as our lounge area.

I just can't wait for my new couch and start arranging and decorating the house again! I promise to post photos as soon as they arrive. :) For now, here's a few photos of Chlo, camping in our not-so-empty-afterall living room. 


C 

No comments:

Post a Comment