On Baking Hiatus

Monday, March 16, 2015

I've been cooking and baking up a storm the past few weeks in the kitchen, making scrumptious food and desserts to satisfy my preggo cravings. And since the husband gave me my beautiful mixer, the promise of eating good and decent portions of healthy meals, with just a little treat every now and then, never came true. I've been baking almost twice every week! Now, it has taken it's toll on me. Or on my weight, for that matter. I'm almost at the end of the second trimester and in the last two weeks, I feel like I've put on weight faster than I should. My weight gain is still within the normal range but  Im a little more conscious about it this time because when I was pregnant with Chloe, I gained a whooping 45-50 lbs! Ooops! 

So, I declared to my husband and myself, that I will be on a baking hiatus. No baking cupcakes, cheesecakes, pies, or any other goodies (*sigh) except for the 21st where I'll be baking yema cupcake bites for my friend's gender reveal party. :) That will be a lot help because it was the sweet treats that was the culprit to my huge weight gain with my first pregnancy. I'm so determined that I promised myself (and intend to really keep it this time) to stick to healthier meals and snack, and to just have the occasional little sweet treat once in a while as opposed to every week. I am pregnant after all and don't want to deprive myself all together. :)  So the recipes that I'll be posting here soon are from those blissful cooking/baking days of the weeks' past! Haha! 

What I'm loving about this plan is that my kitchen, the baking corner in particular, stays nice and neat longer,  and there's no need for me to clean the kitchen everyday like I used to whenever I cook or bake. So yay for me! :) I've also been cooking easy and fast dinners so cleaning's a breeze and I get to spend more time relaxing and just playing with my Chlo. :)

In other news, we're still camping in at home with our little airbed, a bunch of throw pillows, and a couple of warm blankets. And speaking of warm  blankets, I don't think we will be needing them in the next few days because Spring has made it's debut appearance this week! I can't believe I can actually feel warmth when I stand by the window! And Im so thrilled that I won't be needing to wear my winter jacket and my bulky ugg boots when I go to Church or when we need to do the groceries. :) Mark and Chlo are thrilled that they can finally go out and play in the playground just behind our place. And oh, am I so relieved to see those inches and inches of snow melt day after day! I'm starting to have trouble zipping up my winter jacket! Haha! Now, I think I can go out with just a light jacket and flat shoes (that I hope still fits!) 

Anyway, earlier today, I brought Chlo out for a walk outside and went to the playground. She was so thrilled and happy to be outside after months of staying in most of the time. And  last weekend, we brought her to an indoor playground called Yu Kids Island in Vernon Hills. She had so much fun my heart is filled with joy seeing her so happy like that. :) Here are a few photos from her adventures this week.  


C 

No comments:

Post a Comment