Beef Bulgogi Rice Bowl

Wednesday, March 11, 2015


Forgive me for this post lacks the step-by-step photos for the procedure. I never planned to put this on the blog as it was just another simple Korean dish craving that we used to have in our favorite Korean place back in San Diego. But a lot of my friends from Facebook were asking for the recipe when I posted a picture that night we had this for dinner. So here I am, sharing the recipe for one and all :) 

This is really quite a simple and easy recipe. But so good nonetheless. This recipe will yield 2-3 servings, and you will need:

1 lb beef, thinly sliced
1 tsp oil
1tsp miced garlic
1 tsp minced ginger
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup water
1 tsp sesame oil
1 small carrot, juliened
a bunch of spinach
2 stalks of green onions, sliced

Start by heating the oil in a pan over medium heat. Sauté the garlic, followed by minced ginger, and cook until fragrant. 

Add in the beef and stir well. Mix the soy sauce, brown sugar and water then add the mixture with the beef. Cook for 7 minutes or so then add the sesame oil one it is done then set aside. 

In the same pan, sauté the carrots and spinach with a just a drizzle of sesame oil. Season with a little salt and pepper and cook until done.

To assemble the bowl, place cooked rice in the bottom of the bowl and top it with the beef on one side and the veggies with the other. I also added atsara on my bowl for I was craving for that pickled taste and that was what I had on hand. Garnish with the chopped green onions and you can now enjoy your beef bulgogi rice bowl! :)

C 

No comments:

Post a Comment