The Three C's plus One!

Wednesday, January 14, 2015


"The more, the merrier!"

We have been so blessed the past year, and even more when we found out a new precious gift's on it's way! Mark and I are very happy to share that we are having baby number 2! :) We first announced our pregnancy a few days before Christmas and we are overwhelmed with joy for all of our families and friend's well wishes and congratulations. We share the very good news on Facebook with this adorable picture collage :)


Im now entering my 19th week already and  my bump is really showing, big and proud! The first trimester has been rough and it's very different from when I was pregnant with Chloe. We found out I was pregnant a week after we moved here in Illinois. Since then, I've been feeling tired and sleepy, and we thought the long road trip was finally getting in to me. The smell of sautéing garlic and onion, or just the smell of any food cooking in that matter makes me dizzy. Mark also noticed how I'd complain about my tummy not feeling so good after  eating a dish that I usually like. All those time we thought it was just the tap water and my system's not used to it. Haha! :)

Then the cravings came. I swear, I couldn't remember how many times I asked Mark to buy some rice burrito from Chipotle. Yes, a huge rice, chicken burrito with the works. And I was never, ever into burrito before that and we find it very unusual how I can finish a huge one in one sitting! We took a pregnancy test that weekend and that answered all of the weird things happening to me.:) The weeks that followed were the toughest, it's all a chaotic mix morning sickness, dizziness, and keeping food the food down. 

What's funny though was how deeply, emotional I was. I would cry at the smallest, corniest of things. Even just talking to mark would sometimes make me cry, not to mention movies and even tv commercials! I wouldn't go into the details to save myself from humiliation, tehee! :)All those things made me realize how amazing and unique every pregnancy is. And how all those makes it very special for me, Mark, and also Chloe. It's funny how whenever we tell Chloe that there's a baby in my tummy, she'd stare at my tummy with the puzzled look, maybe thinking, where is the baby??! Haha Now that Im showing, I think she's finally grasping the idea that I do have a baby in there.

It is amazing how God's perfect timing works. Whenever people would ask us when we're planning to have another baby, we would always say maybe when Chlo is two or so. Then Mark's new orders came and we're moving to IL and we thought it's the best time to try again, once we're settled in our new place. And yes, soon enough after the move, we were blessed with this pregnancy. :) It's like everything is going according to plan. I'm not saying I have the perfect life. I don't, to be honest.  - There are still a lot of things I want to do and accomplish as a mother, a wife, and as a person. And I'm taking it one step at a time, with God guiding Mark and I.- But right now, it does feel like I have everything I need to be happy. And that, I believe, is what really counts. 



- C 

2 comments

  1. Good luck on your pregnancy! Sana baby boy!😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, ate mona! Everyone's praying for a boy this time 😊

      Delete