Come on! Come on! Camaron! :)

Friday, July 11, 2014



It has been just me, Mark, Chlo, and mommy Lizelle at home for the past few months. So a few days ago, we had a couple of veggie dishes for left overs. I looked in the fridge and I saw a bag of shrimp. I though of how I wanted to prepare those shrimp to pair with our left over veggies and the first thing that popped in my mind was camaron rebusado. Yum! :)

I am allergic to shrimp. But it was just so good that I still have to eat it and just endure the itching-all-over drama later on. Eventually over the years, the itching doesn't quite bother me as much as it used to so yay for me! :) And in those rare times that it does, I just eat something sweet or drink a glass of milk and they do wonders! 

I got this recipe from Panlasang Pinoy, which is one of my go-to sites in times my husband and I, have no clue on what we want for dinner. Or even in those times I'm craving for a certain Filipino dish that I can't find a decent version here in Daygo. I love how he explains everything in the procedure and how easy it is to follow his recipes. And every recipe has a video of the cooking procedure; perfect for those who are learning the ropes in the kitchen like me. :)

So here's the recipe of Camaron Rebusado from Panlasang Pinoy. Enjoy! 

Ingredients:

  • 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • 1 piece lemon
  • 8 tbsp flour
  • 1 tbsp cornstarch
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 pieces raw eggs 
  • 1 tbsp fresh milk
  • cooking oil for deep frying
Procedure: 

Marinate the shrimp in lemon juice for at least 30 minutes.



Combine flour, cornstarch and salt in a mixing bowl then mix them well. Add the eggs and milk with the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.



Heat the oil in a pan. In my case, I used my mom-in-law's fry daddy. Once the oil is hot enough, dip the shrimp in the batter, leaving the tail uncovered. 



Deep-fry shrimp until the color turns dark yellow and the texture becomes crispy. 

Wooooohoooo! Fry Daddy! Haha! 

Remove from the oil and place on a plate with a paper towel to remove excess oil. Serve them with sweet and sour sauce. I used sweet chili Thai sauce. Yum! :)

Yum!

- C 

No comments:

Post a Comment