Hello, Illinois!

Thursday, October 16, 2014




Yes!  Five days and 2,100 miles on the road, we are finally here! 

Here's a quick update:

The road trip was surprisingly quicker and smoother (with chlo who gets bored quite easy) than I thought. I was expecting it would take us a couple of weeks or so. And with a toddler, who loves to run around and can't go a minute without playing or doing anything, Chlo has been a complete angel the whole  trip :) Of course, when she'd start crying or get bored, I'll do tons of crazy stuff to entertain her. (Her favorite is me singing with silly voices with her microphone, or sometimes my own silly voice and man, was it a hit! Haha!)

We got here a week ago. We stayed at the Navy Lodge which is in the same community the military housing is. Literally just a couple of blocks away. We went to the relocation office early morning the next day, went through a few paper works, were handed the keys, and voila! New home! 


Homesickness. I felt that the moment the agent left us in our empty new home. I miss San Diego, I miss everyone back home. But thank God for Chloe, who's cheerfully running around the house, laughing over silly things and cheering us up right there and then. 



Here she is being silly, playing under her high chair one cold, cold morning.

And now, we're slowly starting to get the hang of it, starting with getting used to the weather (who am I kidding, it's not even winter yet!), driving around the area to get familiar with the new place, and getting new furnitures to make our home, well, feel like home :) I miss blogging so much! And I'm so glad I can start posting here again with new stories, recipes, and all sorts of adventures with Chlo. 



- C 





No comments:

Post a Comment