A Man of Surprises

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

A few weeks before our wedding anniversary, I've been telling Mark not to get me anything fancy or anything at all for that matter. The move is getting closer and with PCS comes a great deal of expenses along the way. So I told him a simple dinner with him and Chlo is more than enough to celebrate and be thankful for. He agreed and said he'll take us out to dinner to my favorite restaurant.

And so came the day of our anniversary. I woke up wondering where he was for he was not in bed and it's still so early. I was about to get up and look for him when he came in and said "Good morning, baby! Breakfast is ready!" This would have not been that big of a surprise because he's been doing it even on ordinary days just to make me feel special. But that day, it was planned that I'll be the one making a good breakfast for him. And when we went downstairs a beautiful arrangement of my favorite flowers is waiting for me along with my favorite omelet, spam and a good cup of coffee :)

I was really looking forward to our dinner date that night. We were about to leave when he said he's not taking me to The Cheesecake Factory. And I said, "Huh?" with a puzzled look. He smiled and said that he's taking us to The Melting Pot and it's a beautiful, romantic place. 

Romantic indeed. We were warmly welcomed when we got there. They greeted us "Happy Anniversary!" and made us feel very special even when we were just waiting for our table. The manager even went to us and congratulated us for four wonderful years of marriage. I thought this is a very nice place! Our table was ready in no time. I was in awe as I walk towards our table for even from a few feet away, I saw the red roses, the card, the sumptuous chocolate-covered strawberries, and a fine-looking bottle of champagne. I looked at him and he gave me that smile. I wanted to hug him, and kiss him, and cry tears of joy, and say thank you. But I smiled and thank him for being a wonderful husband and father. 

Dinner was really great. The cheese fondue and Pacific Rim entree are delectable. And the s'mores chocolate fondue and the champagne are to die for! We had a very lovely evening. And Chlo's very well-behaved the whole three hours we were there. Everything is just wonderful. Perfect. I'm so blessed. Four amazing years of being married to my best friend, my soulmate, and the love of my life. 

Here are a few photos from that lovely night. 

-xo






- C 

2 comments